- Dolby Atmos
Dolby Atmos Music is an immersive audio experience. Dolby Atmos Music allows sounds to be precisely placed, adding dimensionality to create a full audio atmosphere.
Common devices that support Dolby Atmos
iOS (15 or later)
Apple TV 4K (running tvOS 13 or later)
Note: The Dolby Atmos audio format output by Apple TV is incompatible with HDMI ARC and requires HDMI eARC. If your TV does not support HDMI eARC, we recommend connecting your Apple TV 4K directly to the HDMI input of your AVR or soundbar.
(Fire OS 6 or later)
- Fire TV Stick 4K
- Fire TV Gen 3 201
- Fire TV Cube 1st Gen or 2nd Gen
Nvidia Shield TV and Shield TV Pro (2019 and newer models)
Echo Studio with Fire TV Cube 1st Gen or 2nd Gen, Fire TV Stick 4K, or Fire TV (3rd Gen) You cannot listen to Dolby Atmos Music on TIDAL directly on your Echo Studio(s); it has to be connected to your Fire TV device.
- Connect your Fire TV and Echo devices (s) to the same network and Amazon account.
- In the Alexa app, tap on the Devices icon on the lower right-hand side and then tap the “+” icon on the upper right-hand side.
- Tap “Set Up Audio System” from the popup and tap “Home Cinema” on the next screen.
- Select your Fire TV device and then “Next” to name your new Home Theatre system.
- Select the Echo devices you would like to use as speakers – you can set-up up to two speakers, plus an optional Echo Sub.
- Follow the on-screen instructions. Once you enable your speaker system, manage your Home Theatre settings on your Fire TV.
Understanding Dolby Atmos playback
- When a device or connected playback system lacks Dolby Atmos capability, TIDAL identifies this limitation and switches to the stereo version of the track. Users will be promptly informed of this adjustment through an in-app notification.
- Transitioning between Dolby Atmos and stereo formats requires the TV, AVR, or soundbar to reconfigure its audio setup to accommodate the new format. This necessary adjustment may lead to a brief pause in audio output at the beginning of each new track, ensuring the optimal listening experience for the chosen format.
- TIDAL does not support Dolby Atmos playback on desktop clients or Pixel devices.
- Not all TIDAL content is available in the Dolby Atmos. Learn more here.