- How to Use TIDAL Connect
What is TIDAL Connect?
TIDAL Connect allows you to stream your favorite music seamlessly from the cloud straight to your connected devices. TIDAL Connect makes it possible for us to deliver the music you want to hear, uninterrupted and without any loss in quality, to your preferred hardware. Other casting technologies have limitations around the quality of the audio you are hearing.
How do I use TIDAL Connect?
- In the TIDAL app, open the "Now Playing" screen while playing a song.
- On the “Now Playing” screen, look for the icon.
- Choose a TIDAL Connect enabled speaker from the list. It’s that simple.
What do I need in order to use TIDAL Connect?
- Your speaker/audio system needs to be able to support TIDAL Connect. Check the growing list of devices that support it here: tidal.com/connect
- You also have to make sure your app version is on or above:
iOS: v2.16.0 and up
Android: v2.32.0 and up
- Your mobile device needs to be on the same network as your device.
Can I use TIDAL Connect with Premium subscription or do I need to have a HiFi subscription?
You can use with either subscription, but please note that the highest quality is NORMAL on a Premium subscription.
Can I play on my speaker at home even when I am away?
No, you need to be on the same Wifi/network with the chosen audio device.
Can I play music on my desktop app from my mobile app?
At the moment, you can’t control your desktop app, but this feature is coming soon!
Can I use TIDAL Connect to play my offline content on my speakers?
No, when you are in offline mode, we assume you have no access to your Wifi/internet network.
I can connect to my speaker with Chromecast, Bluetooth or with TIDAL Connect. Which one should I choose? Why?
If TIDAL Connect is available, choose that! TIDAL Connect supports the full range of audio quality you can find in the TIDAL app.
*This feature may not be available in all regions.