TIDAL is the perfect match for Sonos, streaming music in lossless, high fidelity audio quality, ensuring the best sound experience possible.
How do I add my TIDAL account on Sonos?
- Open Sonos on your device
- From the Select a Music Source tab, tap Add Music Services...
- Select TIDAL, click I already have an account, and click Next.
- Enter your TIDAL username and password (established when you set up your TIDAL account), and then click Next
- Click Finish.
If you have signed up for TIDAL using a Facebook or Twitter account, you will need to create a password to use within Sonos in order to add the service.
- Go to TIDAL Web Player.
- Click Log In in the upper left corner of the page.
- Click Forgot your password?.
- Enter the email address associated with your Facebook or Twitter account and click Request new password.
After doing this you will receive an email containing a link that will allow you to create a new password to use with TIDAL on Sonos. Continue to use the email associated with the Facebook or Twitter account as the username.
What features does TIDAL provide?
Discover new and old favorites with news, recommendations, curated playlists, moods and genres. All with High Fidelity Streaming. Create and edit your own playlists. Take your music collection with you everywhere with My Music, it's as easy as putting a star to all your favorite artists, albums, tracks or playlists.
- Editorial Curation
- High Fidelity Streaming
- My Music Collection
How do I know if Sonos is streaming lossless music from TIDAL?
There is no visual indication or settings to control what you stream. As long as you have a valid TIDAL HiFi subscription it will automatically stream HiFi.
What bitrate and format does TIDAL use for streaming?
TIDAL HiFi - Lossless FLAC 16bit/44.1kHz.
TIDAL Premium - AAC 320kbps
What is the recommended internet bandwidth to stream high definition audio on Sonos?
5 Mbs is the minimum broadband speed required to stream FLAC from TIDAL on Sonos. If streaming different FLAC music to multiple speakers, we recommend a higher broadband speed. This requirement can vary based on your internet usage (large file downloads, gaming, video streaming, etc.).
- 5.0 Megabits per second - 1 FLAC stream
- 7.5 Megabits per second - 2 FLAC streams
- 10 Megabits per second - 3 or more FLAC streams
Are there any streaming limitations?
Yes, you can only stream to one Sonos household at a time, but to as many players or grouped players as you wish.
Who to Contact
If you are experiencing issues related to Log in Authentication or Metadata errors, please contact TIDAL customer support.
All other issues, please contact the Sonos helpdesk.